Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Pet Story

One of our knitters, kellyh57, has shared the story about her family dog, Bailey:

Bailey

"When my husband and I got married, we lived in an apartment with outrageous pet rates. I really wanted a dog since I'd always had one growing up, but I had to go without! A year later we bought our first house. The first thing we did was start looking for a dog!

We went to the big animal shelter the next weekend. I went over to see "Baby." She was the cutest little thing! She was about 11 months old and a cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle mix). She was really timid and hid at the back of her cage. We got her out and took her into another room to play with her. She was really fun and I was in LOVE!

Typically, if pets are brought in for any reason, they are euthenized after the 5 day waiting period. If we had not picked her out, she would've been gone on Monday! It just breaks my heart to think that she'd have been a goner if it weren't for us!"

No comments: